I call these posts quick fixes but they usually end up being
as long if not longer then my chapters of music knowledge. Oh well it doesn’t
matter all that matters is that people read and maybe learn something or get
some kind of entertainment value out of this. So tomorrow my band Salt Rock
Jones (http://www.facebook.com/saltrockjones)
will be recording our debut album. I’m pretty excited about it and I’m ready to
get to work, its stuff like this that makes me happy. I love music and I love
making music so this should be a fun project.
As I’m writing this I’m
listening to this seminar about building a buzz and selling music online, which
sounds like its pretty hard work I guess that’s why I never have any time on my
hands because I’m trying to move this band forward. We are also looking for
shows farther away to get a bigger fan base and get the word out about this
band. We’ll be starting a mailing list telling people the goings on with the
band and all that as well as posting show dates. I’m also going to start a
street team page for the band to get more people involved with what we’re
doing. We’re not rock stars and we like to connect with fans because without
them we’re nothing.
Since November is the month of giving thanks and getting
together with family I have decided to put my album up for download for free. I
have had people give donations but I think I may just keep it up for free
because I’d rather be heard than paid but being broke all the time is kind of a
downer. Either way I’ll figure it out in the long run, I just hope all my music
is enjoyed and not made for nothing. It always sucks to hear that your music
doesn’t appeal to anyone. But I make music for me so I just try to make myself happy
with it and worry about everyone else later. If you’re reading this and you
haven’t heard my album or want to download it (it’s free right now so that’s a
good reason to go ahead) you can check it out at www.rosslacey.bandcamp.com and
like me on facebook at www.facebook.com/rosslacey618
So for now I’ll release your eyeballs from this word prison
and let you back into the world. Here’s hoping that this blog thing takes off
and it helps my music career at the same time. Also I was told that the text of my posts are too small so I hope this new font size will be satisfactory.
PS: I love you Laura, enjoy the bigger font :)
No comments:
Post a Comment